Love them - Teach them...Day by Day

Love them - Teach them...Day by Day
Trying to keep my memories in tact for my kids

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Can I please reverse time, start over from being pregnant with Syd and relive the last 4+ years so I can enjoy them again? Time is moving so fast, and although I absolutely love the stages all the kids are in right now, I miss holding each of them as a newborn, miss each of their kicks in utero, watching all the firsts of firsts. But I know I can't, and luckily we have lots of videos and pictures.

I got my second true Mother's Day gift last weekend. Last year, Syd had made a frame from popsicle sticks at school and had a picture in it of her. She didn't quite get the "wait until Sunday for her to open it" and made me open it in the car. This year, she was adamant that I was not allowed to open it, and said she was told to put it in a spot that she picked at home. I think it was almost as cute watching her counting down the days until the day as it was having the gift. Each day she would say something along the lines of, "two more days and then it's Mommy's day". When I did open her gift, she told me that she had to do the card because it was VERY special. And it absolutely was. It was two hearts with her handprint on each one, and a sting tied between them and it said "I love you this much" and it was the length of her wing span. Inside the bag was a corsage. I didn't get a chance to wear it too much that day because she wanted to wear it. I loved it though when I did, it made me feel proud that she gave it to me. The card was the best though because she had made it.

We've been painting our kitchen the past couple days. And although, it could have taken me less than one days to do it, I only could work with David taking his nap or if Joel could watch him. And I had help. 4 little hands that painted with little rollers dripping paint on the floor, getting it on themselves and their underwear (the only clothes they were allowed to wear). But behind our lower cabinets will be some of the best painting ever. I need to remember to take pictures of it before the cabinets go in this week.

No comments: