Love them - Teach them...Day by Day

Love them - Teach them...Day by Day
Trying to keep my memories in tact for my kids

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I usually have the kids songs going on in the car. Rarely do I get to listen to what I want to. They do get quite repetitive and boring, but then there's time like today that remind me why I put up with them. One song that gets played is Itsy Bitsy Spider. And it's a little different version. It starts out normal, but then it goes into the spiders neighbor "Big Fat Spider" and then finishes off with the Itsy Bitsy part again. When it gets to the final verse, I hear in a soft high pitch voice from the back, "itsy bitsy spider up water spout. Down came rain..." Rylee is singing with it. She has fallen in love with this song and wants it on a lot, and now everytime it comes on she'll sing with it. But only the last verse.
One song that I have sung to all three is You are My Sunshine. And it just so happens that that song is on one of their discs as well. Today on the way to school, Syd sang the whole song while it was playing, not missing any words. Those are the reasons that get me through the whole, "can we listen to our music" question.

No comments: