Love them - Teach them...Day by Day

Love them - Teach them...Day by Day
Trying to keep my memories in tact for my kids

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My little girl is 4. How the heck did that happen? I remember the morning that I took the test to see if we were pregnant. I remember calling the doctors office that day to go in and get in confirmed. Wasn't that just yesterday. And now she's 4. She is turning into such an amazing young girl. She is so gentle and patient with Rylee and David (on most occasions). She's listening better every day. She's absolutely amazing.
I took her to her 4 year well check on the 16th. She was fairly shy with the doctor but did talk to him. It was awesome watching her answer his questions and have him ask his "how is she doing" questions to her instead of me. One of the questions that he asked her was if she could spell her name. She looked at me and I nodded and she said, "S-Y-D" and then stopped. The doctor looked at me and I told him we usually call her Syd. I asked Syd to spell the rest and she continued, "N-E-Y". The doctor was fairly impressed by that because most kids would start over instead of continuing. Proud mama.
She is just under the 75th percentile for height and around the 75th percentile. I asked him if she continued her height in the same area how tall would she be. He said about 5'6". So we'll see how accurate that is.
On her actual birthday she went to school and had her swimming lesson. We had her favorite dinner (as of right now): Steak and baked potato. And when we returned from swimming we celebrated with cupcakes.
We had her party the following Saturday. We went up to the rollaway in Lynnwood and went skating. I think the 2 hours we were there, we went around maybe 6 times, but she had a great time. She went around with Uncle Dood, Uncle Brian, Bampa, maybe Aunt Holly? and of course Mommy and Daddy. We then headed back to the house where we ate some spaghetti (another Sydney favorite) and she opened gifts, played, and I believe had a wonderful birthday party.

No comments: