Love them - Teach them...Day by Day

Love them - Teach them...Day by Day
Trying to keep my memories in tact for my kids

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Uncle David

It's sad for me to think about not having David around most of my life. It's sad that I (or anyone else) got to see the man he should have become. It's sad that he didn't get to see how Dan and I turned out. But it's more sad for me, to know that my children will never meet him on Earth. They will never get to kick a soccer ball with him, or throw a baseball with him, or play chase.
They will know him. They will know that he loved kids, soccer, and baseball. They will know that he was an amazing artist, and that at least Syd is (so far) following in his footsteps with that (along with her daddy's and Bampa's). They will know how much he would have loved spending time with them. They will know as much as I can tell them. But I need help. I've blocked out so much from my childhood that I need help remembering.
Tomorrow would have been David's 32nd birthday. Happy Birthday David. I love and miss you more than I can express.

No comments: