Love them - Teach them...Day by Day

Love them - Teach them...Day by Day
Trying to keep my memories in tact for my kids

Monday, April 05, 2010

The Start of More Projects

Rylee decided that the top of the playset was a good place to dump a bottle of bubbles, so even though I wasn't planning on doing it today, I ended up pressure washing the set. I was only going to do the landings, but once you get started it's hard to find a decent place to stop that doesn't look like you ignored sections. I ended up doing almost the whole thing. It looks a lot better and is safer for the kids because it isn't slippery anymore. Cleaned out the rest of the pantry with Syd's help so Joel could start tearing down the sheetrock.
The girls decide that they wanted to eat their lunch out on the deck today which is always cute because they sit right next to each other or they end up on their tummys eating. David ate about half of his lunch and then wanted down. As soon as I got him to the floor he walked straight outside and sat down next to Rylee. I brought him his plate and he continued eating. It was really adorable. Until Syd decided it would be funny to smash Rylee's sandwich. Crying started and another sandwich was made and all was right in the world again.
During nap time, Joel continued taking down sheetrock and I worked on pressure washing the deck. I am so close to finishing it and starting on the stairs. Can't wait until it's all done. Maybe tomorrow if the weather cooperates.
Syd and I colored when she woke up from her nap. Tried to explain to her that some people like free drawing and some people like to color pictures. Shes definately a free drawer.

Yesterday my mom wrote out "I LOVE YOU" on a piece of paper for Sydney to try to have her write it and she did, all by herself. I'm so proud of her!

No comments: